Last updated on June 20, 2021
“How much is that doggie in the window?
The one with the waggly tail
How much is that doggie in the window?
I do hope that doggie’s for sale.”
(#1 Hit recorded by Patti Page on December 18, 1952).
Product: Joy For All Companion Pet ~ Golden Pup
Cheapest/Best Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Size: 4.37 x 8.39 x 9.02 inches
Age Range: 5 to 99 years
Guarantee: Free Return for new and unused item for any reason
Amazon Customer Rating: 4.5 Stars by 2,161 customers
My Rating: 10 out of 10
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
Golden Pup has soft, smooth, golden fur, bright eyes and always looks as if he is smiling. State of the art Bark-Back technology allows him to respond to voices. Puppy-like movements, including a wagging tail, soft bark, thumping heartbeat, eyes that open and shut, and a tilting head when you talk, make him a fun and engaging companion. The red bandana around his neck adds to his sweet and friendly personality.
A Personal Experience
I started this review with some lines from a popular 1950’s song because it seems to fit this cute little guy. ‘Precious’ is the name my residents gave our community pup. I bought him just after Christmas in the hopes he could cheer up a very sad and depressed 93-year-old lady, Jennie who kept asking for her mama.
She has since passed away, but I am so glad Precious was Jennie’s companion during the last weeks of her life.
Many times during the holidays–Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Jennie would ask if I’d seen her mother. She desperately looked for her mom, and cried a lot and begged to go home. She was depressed, afraid and confused. In her mind, she was a small child. The need for reassurance, to belong to her surroundings and feel useful, made her desperate for relief. But she couldn’t connect with other residents. Jennie was inconsolable.
Precious was the answer.
Jennie’s children were quite surprised when I told them how attached she had become to the pup. I showed them pictures on my phone because they were so skeptical. According to her middle-aged children and other family members, Jennie had always hated dogs and cats.
Jennie talked to Precious for long periods of time each day. She’d kiss his nose and then laugh when his head or tail moved. And the look of amazement on her face when he barked was priceless. The pup was nothing short of a miracle, because we saw smiles and heard laughter from Jennie once again.
What I like:
- Golden Pup is well-made, sturdy, easy to care for, and backed by guarantee.
- Puppy is soft and furry, and has a friendly face.
- He fits nicely in arms or on a lap.
- Whenever Precious is out in the community (not in someone’s room), he’s surrounded by 3-4-5 doting, cooing residents.
- Motions and sounds, including wagging tail, moving head, blinking eyes, heartbeat, and barking provide enjoyment for seniors and encourage physical and emotional interaction.
- Moods are improved, life quality is enhanced for people living with dementia.
- The price is reasonable because the pup lasts a long time.
- When you don’t want to use motions and sound features, you simply switch pup off to save battery life.
- Batteries are included when Pup arrives. They are easy to replace.
- Ageless Innovation is a global company with a solid rep.
- Joy For All companion pets won a caregiver friendly award.
To be honest, I have to think hard to come up with something I don’t like:
- Sometimes people are surprised that Precious is hard in places; you can feel his framework through his fur. But my residents cuddle him and have never complained.
- If you are going to introduce this pup in a memory care community, you may have problems with ideas of ownership and sharing. When this happened in my community, I requested that a couple of families buy a pet for their own loved one. I labeled each pup with the resident’s name to be sure we had no more issues.I have just ordered another pup to join Precious and the 4 robotic cats on the premises. For more on cats, read “A Story of Dementia, Elopement and A Gray Cat ~ Medical Elopement”
You can visit our Store to see other robotic options.
Be sure to leave comments and questions below